This article provides optimal solutions for creating and managing rules and rule sets in the Agent Web Console (AWC) for Kount Command.
- Rule ID numbers are only assigned after a Rule Set has been saved. Temporary Rule IDs such as -1, -2, etc. are used until the Rule Set has been saved.
- Use Rule Group definitions for Sales/Promotions that have special rules that are only used in this scenario. They will be easier to identify when it is time to disable or delete them from the standard rule set.
- Comparing Rule Sets. To discover what changes have been made to a previous rule set, use the compare rule set choice by navigating from the Fraud Control menu to Compare Rule Sets.
NOTE: The human readable description can say anything you want. What is entered in this field may have been intended for different rule conditions. Please verify all rule changes carefully using the SQL coding not the typed description.
- When creating Rules using any of the Extended Variable conditions, Device Data must be present. Extended variables are dependent on device data. If no Device Data was collected then the rule may trigger without true cause. Qualify all rules surrounding Extended variables with the Persona condition of Data Collector Present = Y condition.
- When stacking rule variables within one rule condition, it is important to use the AND operator to join negative variables (doesn’t start with, doesn’t contain, is not, etc). The OR operator is normally used to join positive variables (starts with, contains, is, etc.).
- When using rules that count 1=1, for example persona.cards greater than two, the rule will trigger when the number of credit cards is greater than two.
- When using Velocity rules 0=1, for example persona.velo greater than two, the rule will trigger when the order count is greater than 3.(Velocity assumes that order number one is the zero value).
- Persona rule conditions use Persona technology, rule conditions dependent on the Persona may be present that are not present within the current order.
- Payment BIN information can only be verified when Payment is VISA or MC (order.brand).
- Consider Base Currency when creating rules regarding Order Amounts. (Order.base_total, vs order.currency).
- Shipping and Billing Address information can only be verified for US Addresses. Qualify rules surrounding these conditions with country qualifications.