VIP Lists can be used to manage customers so that any future orders from a specific customer can be automatically approved, reviewed, or declined. Customers can be identified by values such as their email address, credit card number, or billing address. There are two methods for adding these values to a VIP List.
- To add a value to a VIP list, click the gear icon to the right of VIP Summary.
- Set actions for the various available values. Alternatively, you can click the VIP Lists link at the bottom of the Transaction Details page of any order to set actions.
- Set any of the values to None, Review, or Decline by selecting the corresponding radio button. You can also set all values to generate the same action by clicking None, Review, or Decline at the top of the column.
- From the Fraud Control menu, select one of the VIP Lists options.
- On the corresponding page, input a data value and select the appropriate VIP List action.
- Click Save to save the input data value.
Much like Important Rules, VIP approve rules are incredibly powerful because they have priority over any review or decline rules. You must consider the implications of this when populating a VIP list. For example, if you add the email address of a well-known and trusted client to a VIP Approve List, their transaction will be approved even if review or decline rules are triggered – which streamlines the checkout process for this customer. The benefits to this are self-evident; however, because we live in an era of ever-increasing cyber security threats, the possibility exists that your trusted client could have their email address compromised. If this happens, and their email address has been added to a VIP approve list, fraudulent orders are going to pass through the system without any trouble.