Email check response types and potential responses from Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro - WPP).
For email address check responses, Ekata considers the inputs Email Address and Primary Name (or Primary First Name and Primary Last Name) and Email Address and Secondary Name (or Secondary First Name and Secondary Last Name).
Error: An error message for an address check can return the following responses:
- Null - No information returned
- Partial Error - Could not retrieve entire response
Warnings: A warning message returns the following:
- The mailbox is invalid or does not exist
- General syntax error
- Invalid character in address
- Invalid domain syntax
- Invalid username syntax
- Invalid username syntax for that domain
- Address is too long
- Address has unbalanced parentheses, brackets, or quotes
- Address does not have a username
- Address does not have a domain
- Address does not have an @ sign
- Address has more than one @ sign
- Invalid top-level-domain (TLD) in address
- IP address not allowed as a domain
- Comments are not allowed in email addresses
- Unquoted spaces are not allowed in email addresses
- Domain does not exist
- Domain does not have a valid IP address
- Domain cannot receive email
- The mailbox is invalid or the username does not exist at the domain
- Mailbox is full and cannot receive email at this time
- Mail is not accepted for this domain
- Addresses with that username are not allowed
- Addresses with that domain are not allowed
- Address is a bot or other suppression
- Address is a role-based account
- Address is a known bouncer
- Address is a spamtrap or known complainer
- Address has opted out from commercial email
- Internal error
Is Valid: This indicates if the email address is valid and emails can be delivered there:
Diagnostics: This message is related to "Is Valid" and show reasons why an email address was evaluated as valid:
- Domain does not support validation (accepts all mailboxes)
- Syntax OK and domain valid according to the domain database
- Syntax OK, domain exists, and mailbox does not reject mail - the most positive indicator of the three.
Is Autogenerated: This indicates if the email is possibly autogenerated:
- True - Indicates a higher risk and other indicators should be examined.
Is Disposable: This indicates if the email domain is disposable:
- True - Disposable email domains cannot receive email and indicate a higher risk for fraud.
Email to Name: A verification result whether the registered name for the email address matches the input name:
- Match - Positive indicator
- No Match - Increased risk, compare to other indicators before weighting.
- No Name Found
Registered Name: Returns the registered name of the email address owner.
First Seen Date: Date when the email address was first seen expressed as MM/DD/YYYY/HH/MM/SS. Whitepages Pro considers older first seen dates as lesser risk, with an address first seen 90 or less days ago as higher risk, a date seen between 90 and 720 days ago as Established, and a date older than 720 days as Well Established.
Domain Creation Date: Date when the domain was first seen expressed as MM/DD/YYYY/HH/MM/SS. Whitepages Pro considers older first seen dates as lesser risk.