Datamart, Kount’s Business Intelligence reporting suite, gives customers the ability to create reports and dashboards by running pre-defined, multi-dimensional query expressions that retrieve data from Kount's enterprise data warehouse.
Creating a Datamart Report
There are many configurable fields and filters available to create customized reports for your business needs; the following steps detail how to create a basic report. Once created, you can modify and configure your report as desired.
- In the top navigation bar of the Agent Web Console (AWC), click REPORTS > Datamart.
- On the Datamart homepage, click Create New > Analysis Report.
- In the Select Data Source window, select Cart Items, Rules Triggered, or Transactions, and then click OK.
- Cart Items: Cart information for a merchant
- Rules Triggered: Pulls a transaction with rules triggered
- Transactions: Includes every transaction
- In the Analysis Report side menu, double-click a field (like Transaction Date or Time Period) to add it to the report; or you can drag and drop a field from the side menu to the Layout menu or directly into the report.
Note: Report columns can be moved left or right by clicking on the header and dragging it to the desired location.
- To filter the displayed data, right-click the table column, then select Filter.
- If a dialog box appears asking for additional selections (this varies depending on the field you dragged into the No Filters area) select an option, and then click OK.
- To construct the layout of the report, drag the desired data elements into the Rows, Columns, and Measures fields under Layout.
- To make additional configuration adjustments to your report (like enabling Cell Drill-Through), click Report Options, select the checkboxes of your configurations, and then click OK.
Note: The Cell Drill-Through option adds hyperlinked totals to the report. Clicking one of the associated values opens a new window with another report showing the drill-through data, which can be exported to a CSV file. This option might take time to load and export depending on the size of the report.
When creating a Datamart report, you can use the drill-through feature to view the aggregated totals and see individual orders.
To enable the drill-through option:
- Click Report Options on your report.
- Select the Show drill-through links on Measure cells checkbox.
- Click OK.
Note: Once completed, the report refreshes. You can now click the hyperlinked totals.
- Click one of the associated values to open a new window with another report showing the drill-through data. You can then export this data to a CSV file to evaluate further.
Note: This option may take time to load and export depending on the size of the report.
Opening a Datamart Report
Instructions for opening one or numerous Datamart reports.
- To open a report in Datamart, go to the Reports tab, and then select Datamart.
- Select Browse Files, and then search the folders to access the file you wish to open.
- Once identified, double-click the report.
- Once the report is loaded, open additional reports by selecting the Opened drop-down menu, and then selecting Browse Files to open as many reports as desired by repeating the steps above.
Scheduling Datamart Reports
There are several benefits of scheduling Datamart reports for automatic delivery:
- Schedule a report to be run on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Generate reports in different formats (PDF, Excel, or CSV).
- Add one or more email addresses for report delivery.
Scheduling reports for automatic delivery
- To schedule reports for automatic delivery, from the Browse Files screen, navigate to the report titled Yesterday Transaction Counts. Select Schedule in the File Actions panel on the right.
- A pop-up window displays. Select a name and a location in the repository for the scheduled report.
- A new window displays. Navigate to the desired folder in the repository, and then click Next. In the Select Folder window, verify the correct folder is selected, and then click OK.
The Edit Schedule window displays.
- Select a frequency (daily, weekly, etc.) and the time of day for the report to run. Recurrence Pattern lets you choose how often the report is run, such as once a day, once a week, once a month, as well as some special patterns, such as every weekday. Click Next.
- Select the format of report you want to generate, such as a PDF, an Excel spreadsheet, or a CSV file. Click Next. The file is generated to the destination previously selected.
- Determine whether or not you want a copy of the report emailed.
If you select Yes, additional message options display.
- Add one or more email addresses where you want the report to be delivered. If you add more than one email address, separate addresses with semi-colons. You can also use internal email groups if they have been created in your company.
- Add a subject line and an attachment name.
- Add an optional message. If the report is being distributed to others, include the name of the report's scheduler in the form of Scheduled By: Jane Doe, so that if changes to the schedule need to be requested, the recipients of the the report know who to contact.
- Click OK to create the schedule for the report.
- When the Schedule Created pop-up displays, click Yes to see a list of schedules.
The Manage Schedules form displays a list of existing schedules. The form lets you edit report schedules (including when they run), change the status to stopped or paused so they will not run, and delete scheduled reports in the Manage Schedules section.
Editing a scheduled report
- To edit a scheduled report, navigate to Reports > Datamart > Home > Schedules.
- Click the Edit Button for the selected schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix viewability issues in my browser?
Several known issues exist when attempting to view Datamart reports in Chrome or Firefox.
When using the Chrome browser, ensure you are not zoomed in or out. If the magnifying glass shows up in the right hand side of the address line, the view is zoomed.
Reset to the default 100% view, log out, and then log back in to view Datamart reports.
A setting in the Firefox may prevent the Datamart page from loading when you navigate to it from the Agent Web Console (AWC) menu using Reports > Datamart. To resolve the issue, do the following.
- In the Firefox browser, click the Menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- When the menu opens, click Preferences (Mac) or Options (Windows).
- Click Advanced.
- From the Advanced page on the General tab, under Accessibility, clear the Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page checkbox.
Note: If this option is not available, attempt directly accessing Datamart by logging into Kount and then typing the Datamart URL:
https://awc.kount.net/datamart. Firefox then asks permission to load the page. This is an indicator that the setting needs to be changed to prevent this issue from occurring.
What is the Card Issue Details column in my Datamart report?
The card_issue_details column in the drill-through report displays data as a capital letter. The capital letter values are defined in the following table:
|C||Credit||Credit Card (PIN capable)|
|E||Debit||Pin Debit Only With EBT|
|H||Debit||Debit Card (PIN Capable)|
|P||Debit||Pin Debit Only Without EBT|
|S||Debit||Debit Card (No PIN)|
|X||Credit||Credit Card (No PIN)|
How should I label my Datamart files?
Datamart file names can only consist of letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. Any other characters used in the file names, such as asterisks, result in an error when attempting to access a report. For a list of Datamart terms, download the Datamart terms list.
How do I add chargeback codes to a Datamart report?
When creating a Datamart report that includes chargebacks, adding a chargeback code to the report provides another searchable data point, making it easier to quickly identify chargebacks by type. To display chargeback codes in a report, do the following:
- Drag the Chargeback Reason field into the report layout.
- Click the Chargeback Reason drop-down menu, select Show Properties, and then select code from the drop-down menu. The code displays on the report.
- Refer to the chargeback table below for a list of legacy and standard chargeback codes.
Legacy and Standard Chargeback Codes
|1||Non-Receipt of Requested Item|
|12||Account Number Not on File|
|2||Requested/Required Information Illegible or Missing|
|30||Services Not Provided or Merchandise not Received|
|31||Transaction Amount Differs|
|35||Invalid or Expired Card|
|37||Fraud Transaction No Cardholder Authorization|
|40||Fraudulent Processing of Transaction|
|41||Canceled Recurring Transaction|
|46||Correct Currency Code Not Provided|
|47||Exceeds Floor Limit Not Authorized and Fraudulent Transaction|
|49||Questionable Merchant Activity|
|50||Credit Posted as a Purchase|
|53||Not as Described or Defective|
|54||Cardholder Dispute Not Elsewhere Classified|
|55||Non-Receipt of Merchandise|
|57||Fraudulent Multiple Transactions or Credit Card Activated Telephone Transaction|
|59||Services Not Rendered or Paid by Other Means|
|60||Requested Copy Illegible or Invalid or Credit Not Processed|
|63||Cardholder Does Not Recognize Potential Fraud|
|7||Warning Bulletin File|
|70||Account Number on Exception File|
|75||Cardholder Does Not Recognize Potential Fraud|
|76||Incorrect Currency or Transaction Code or Domestic Processing Violation|
|77||Non-matching Account Number|
|79||Requested Transaction Information Not Received|
|8||Requested/Required Authorization Not Obtained|
|80||Incorrect Transaction Amount or Account Number|
|81||Fraudulent Transaction: Card Present|
|83||Fraudulent Transaction: Card Not Present|
|85||Credit Not Processed|
|86||Paid by Other Means|
|93||Risk Identification Service|
Visa Chargeback Codes
|10.1||EMV Liability Shift Counterfeit Fraud|
|10.2||EMV Liability Shift Non-Counterfeit Fraud|
|11.1||Card Recovery Bulletin|
|10.3||Other Fraud-Card Present Environment|
|13.8||Original Credit Transaction Not Accepted|
|10.5||Visa Fraud Monitoring Program|
|12.6.2||Paid by Other Means|
|13.1||Merchandise/Services Not Received|
|10.4||Other Fraud-Card Absent Environment|
|13.2||Cancelled Recurring Transaction|
|13.6||Credit Not Processed|
|13.3||Not as Described or Defective|
|12.2||Incorrect Transaction Code|
|12.4||Incorrect Account Number|
|13.9||Non-Receipt of Cash or Load|
Article is closed for comments.