There are several benefits of scheduling Datamart reports for automatic delivery:
- Schedule a report to be run on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Generate reports in different formats (PDF, Excel, or CSV).
- Add one or more email addresses for report delivery.
Scheduling Reports for Automatic Delivery
- To schedule reports for automatic delivery, from the Browse Files screen, navigate to the report titled Yesterday Transaction Counts. Select Schedule in the File Actions panel on the right.
- A pop-up window displays. Select a name and a location in the repository for the scheduled report.
- A new window displays. Navigate to the desired folder in the repository, and then click Next. In the Select Folder window, verify the correct folder is selected, and then click OK.
The Edit Schedule window displays.
- Select a frequency (daily, weekly, etc.) and the time of day for the report to run. Recurrence Pattern lets you choose how often the report is run, such as once a day, once a week, once a month, as well as some special patterns, such as every weekday. Click Next.
- Select the format of report you want to generate, such as a PDF, an Excel spreadsheet, or a CSV file. Click Next. The file is generated to the destination previously selected.
- Determine whether or not you want a copy of the report emailed.
If you select Yes, additional message options display.
- Add one or more email addresses where you want the report to be delivered. If you add more than one email address, separate addresses with semi-colons. You can also use internal email groups if they have been created in your company.
- Add a subject line and an attachment name.
- Add an optional message. If the report is being distributed to others, include the name of the report's scheduler in the form of Scheduled By: Jane Doe, so that if changes to the schedule need to be requested, the recipients of the the report know who to contact.
- Click OK to create the schedule for the report.
- When the Schedule Created pop-up displays, click Yes to see a list of schedules.
The Manage Schedules form displays a list of existing schedules. The form lets you edit report schedules – including when they run – and change the status to stopped or paused so they will not run. You can also delete scheduled reports in the Manage Schedules section.
Editing a Scheduled Report
- To edit a scheduled report, click Reports, Datamart, Home, and then Schedules.
- Click the Edit button for the selected schedule.