Installing the Kount Complete app on your Shopify Store website is fast and easy, involving a few simple steps. Prior to using Kount’s Agent Web Console (AWC), customers are required to sign a contract with Kount LLC, and receive a product demonstration delivered remotely by a dedicated account team. If you have not participated in a product demonstration yet, please contact email@example.com or 877-538-5538 to be paired with an account executive and schedule a demonstration. After a demonstration, Install Kount Complete from the Shopify App Store using the following instructions.
Install Kount Complete
The following steps should be completed in sequential order.
Step 1: Create an API Key in Kount (What is an API Key?)
- Log in to the AWC using your Kount credentials.
- Click the ADMIN tab, and then select API Keys from the drop-down.
- On the API Key Management screen, click Create API Key in the lower-right.
- In the pop-up that displays, provide a Key Name, check the API and RIS checkboxes, and then click Create API Key. Your new API key will display on the API Key Management screen.
- Leave the browser window open to the API page, as you will use the API key in the following step.
Step 2: Install the Kount Complete app for your Shopify shop store
- In a new browser window, click Get on the Kount Complete app page. The following displays:
Note: The ENS Callback URL is auto-generated with every installation to reflect the store for which the installation is occurring. The auto-generated URL will contain the respective shop name in place of kount-test in the example.
- In the Merchant ID text box, enter the six-digit Merchant ID provided to you by Kount.
- Copy the API Key from the API Key Management screen of the AWC.
- Paste the API key into the API Key text box.
- The Website text box should read DEFAULT.
- Copy the ENS Callback URL exactly as it displays. You will use it in the following step.
Note: The auto-generated ENS Callback URL will reflect the respective site name in place of kount-test in the example.
- Click Submit form. The following displays upon successful installation.
Step 3: Enable the ENS Callback URL in Kount Complete
- Refresh your AWC browser window.
- Click the FRAUD CONTROL menu and select Websites from the drop-down. The DEFAULT site displays.
The Website Enabled and ENS Enabled columns will display NO, and the Merchant ENS URL column will be blank.
- Click the gear icon to the far-right of the website row, and then click Edit. The Edit Row pop-up displays.
- Click the radio buttons next to Yes for Website Enabled and ENS Enabled, and then paste the ENS Callback URL from Step 2, #6 into the Merchant ENS URL text box.
- Click Update Website.
- Optional: If you wish to install Kount on additional websites, follow instructions to Install Kount Complete for Multiple Shopify Stores.
Installation Complete: Start Using Kount Complete
Once your website is communicating with Kount Complete, all transactions will flow through Kount, which will run its fraud detection technology in the background as your customers interact with your shop. Kount will display in a number of places within your shop's Shopify user interface.
"View full analysis" link
You will notice User Defined Fields in the AWC on the Transaction Details page, as well as in the Rules Engines. These fields are merchant-specific, created for you by your Client Success Manager during onboarding, and are potentially useful Shopify fields with which to create rules.
Your Customer Success Manager is available to answer questions and assist with rules management. Contact support by submitting a request on the Kount Support Site or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org