Addresses Event Notification Service (ENS) Retry Attempts and specifically the timing of post attempts and maximum limits.
- ENS is single-threaded so it will only open one socket when doing a post.
- If the post fails, we will re-attempt in 5 seconds, then again in 30 seconds, 300 seconds, 1800 seconds, and then every 3600 seconds for 72 hours. After 72 hours we will drop the event and it will never be delivered.
- The ENS queue sends events every 30 seconds with a maximum of 20 events in a post.
- The average size of a 20 event post is around 6K (this could be larger if there were a lot of notes added to an event).
- There could be 1 event at times, or 6, or 12, etc., but 20 is the maximum in a single post.
- The events are sent in the order they were processed.