API keys are required to authenticate to Kount when using RIS, making an API call, or for various system integrations. Each customer is assigned a 32-character hash key that acts as a password for their API calls. API keys are unique per customer and environment.
NOTE: This key should be kept private. If the customer - or Kount - believes the API key has been compromised, a new key should be issued.
Steps for creating an API key
- Log into the Agent Web Console.
- Click Admin, and then select API Keys.
- Click Create API Key.
- Enter a Key Name, select your desired Key Permissions (typically RIS and API), and then click Create API Key. If the key is successfully created, a confirmation appears.
- The new key displays on the API Key Management screen.
- Copy and paste the API key into other applications, as necessary.