All event data is sent in XML format using UTF-8 encoding. Depending on the event type, the specific structure of the XML tags may vary. Additionally, some values may be set to null. For those reasons, separate code samples for each specific event as well as explanatory notes, when necessary, are provided below.
Either an Agent or Lead Agent, which includes the “API user”, or the System can create an event.
- If an Agent or Lead Agent has initiated an event, that person’s email address will be contained in the email tags in the event message. An example would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the “API agent” has initiated an event, the email will be whatever address you set up for the API such as email@example.com.
- If the system has initiated an event, such as detecting a change in the purchaser’s network or geographic location, the value in the email tags will be firstname.lastname@example.org where “company” is the organization providing the Agent Web Console web service.
The date and time between the occurred tags for all events is in yyyy/MM/dd'T'HH:mm:ss format by default.
The general formatting of tags in the event data is as follows:
- Old Value
- New Value
There are some exceptions and they’ll be noted in the relevant code examples.
The code sample sections are divided as follows:
- ENS General Event Code Example
- ENS AWC Event (Named DMC in coding) Code Example
- ENS Workflow Event Code Example
- ENS Risk Change Event Code Example
- ENS Special Alert Event Code Example