A Software Development Kit, also called a devkit or SDK, is a set of development tools that allows software engineers to create customized applications for a particular software package, software framework, hardware platform, or operating system. This allows developers to create applications specific to their business needs that will interact with the product or products developed by the SDK creators. Kount provides Software Development Kits (SDKs) for Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, and Perl environments.
Optimal Steps for Implementing Kount Central
- Read the Kount Integration Guide.
- Code for the Device Data Collector (DDC). Be sure to use https://tst.katcha.com as your URL because it is specifically for certification testing.
- Provide Kount with the DDC URL path.
- Contact your Certification Engineer to determine if your data collector transactions are working successfully.
- Code for the Risk Inquiry Service (RIS) response. SDKs available for .NET, Java, PHP, and Perl (contact your Certification Engineer for the appropriate environment). Be sure to use https://risk.test.kount.net for testing.
NOTE: Kount encourages merchant to enter all fields they have data for. The more data Kount receives the better we will be able to help in the fight against fraud.
- Create a test environment RIS certificate.
- Contact your Certification Engineer to determine if your transactions are posting successfully.
- Before moving to the production environment, Kount will provide you with a Certification Letter verifying that you have met all the requirements in testing to make the move to production.
- After receiving the Certification Letter and prior to moving into production, you will need to provide Kount with the production URL for the production data collector image redirect.
- Once Kount has implemented the data collector URL redirect, you will be given the production environment URLs via email.
- Create new RIS certificate, DMC Rules, custom SITE IDs, and User Defined Fields in the production environment.
- Notify Kount just prior to moving into production so Kount can monitor and ensure that there are no issues.
- Kount will continue to monitor data and meet with you to discuss any further recommendations on settings and answer any questions.
- Once in production you will contact the Account Manager for questions or issues.
- Kount Central Implementation and Technical Guide (.pdf)
- Kount Complete Technical Specification Guide (.pdf)
- Kount Central Kwrapper Help Guide
- Reference App (.zip)
- Implement Kount Central: Best Practices
- Fraud Manager API Link: https://api.kount.net/kc/docs.html
Android and iOS SDKs and documentation are available at GitHub.