The Ethoca dashboard is a feature available in the AWC that displays Ethoca alert data within our interface. Access Ethoca Alerts from the Workflow tab.
The Alert Queue is divided into three tabs.
- The Matched tab provides a queue of all unprocessed Ethoca alerts that have been matched to an AWC Transaction.
- The Not Matched tab provides a queue of all unprocessed Ethoca alerts that have not yet been matched.
- The Processed tab contains a queue of all Ethoca alerts that have been addressed.
When a new Ethoca alert arrives, Kount attempts to match the alert to an existing transaction. If the Ethoca alert cannot be automatically matched, or if the automatic match is incorrect, the user can manually match the Ethoca alert to a transaction. Note that some Ethoca alerts will not have a matching transaction; however, it is prudent to respond to all Ethoca alerts.
When a specific Ethoca alert is selected in the dashboard on the Matched tab, additional information about the alert appears to the right of the alerts.
The Alert Detail gadget provides more in depth information about the alert. When Kount receives an alert from Ethoca, it automatically hashes the Credit Card value with Kount's KHASH.
- If you send us KHASHed Credit Card values via RIS, these values will match and will facilitate our Automatic Matching functionality.
- If you do not send us KHASHed Credit Card values, our matching algorithm will default to using the BIN+4 value.
The Matched Transaction gadget provides high level information about the AWC transaction, as well as integrated transaction Decisioning, VIP List Management and Link Analysis.
- Transaction Detail: Click this link to be taken to the Transaction Details page to which this alert is matched.
- Linked Analysis: Click this link to be taken to the Linked Analysis page for the transaction to which this alert is matched.
If you believe the alert is erroneously matched to the transaction, click Unmatch.
Just like on the Transaction Details page, merchants can manage VIP lists, Decisioning, Agent assignment, and adding notes.
The Alert Outcome Selection gadget allows merchants to select from a number of outcomes (decision reasons):
- The order was stopped
- Part of the order was stopped
- The transaction was already cancelled
- Attempting to stop delivery and / or the account was suspended
- Too late, the order has shipped / service consumed
- The order could not be found
- The account has been suspended
- Currently working on this request
- Contacted the shipper and attempting to intercept goods
- Unknown / not covered by other outcome
You can assign a value such as Refunded, Not Refunded, Not Settled, and select the First Party Fraud check box if appropriate. Enter a comment and then click Save Outcome.
The Not Matched tab is differentiated from the Matched tab by the fact that the Matched Transaction Detail gadget has no matches. However you can match the alert to the AWC Transaction ID number.
In the Processed tab, the Alert Outcome Selection gadget displays the details of the processed alert outcome.
Advanced Transaction Matching
Click Manual Match or Revise Match on any alert to open the Advanced Transaction Matching popup.
The search filter option allows merchants to search for a transaction to match to an alert. Once a match is made, click Update Match Changes to update the alert-to-transaction match.
On the Transaction Details page for the matched Ethoca alert, Payment gadget Alert field displays Confirmed Fraud - Ethoca.
Open the History for notes to see when the Ethoca alert was matched to the transaction, either manually or by the system.
Article is closed for comments.