A User Defined Field (UDF) is any custom field that is not part of the default view on the Transaction Details page. A UDF could be any field related to your business that you want to pass to Kount from your internal Order Management System to help you analyze an order. Examples of UDFs would be coupon codes, affiliate ID #s, etc. Refer to the Technical Specification guide for information about passing UDFs to Kount.
You can add up to 500 User Defined Fields (UDFs) in the AWC, and then create rules around them. However, the more UDFs you have, the slower the performance of the AWC.
Managing User Defined Fields
To create a UDF, do the following:
- In the Agent Web Console (AWC), click the Fraud Control tab, and then click User Defined Fields.
- On the User Defined Fields page, in the lower right, click Add UDF.
- In the Add UDF box, enter the name of the UDF in the Label text box. A label can be a maximum of 28 characters and the first character must be a letter.
- Type a description in the Description field.
- Select Number, Alpha-Numeric, Date, or Amount from the Type drop-down menu. Note: UDFs intended for use in a VIP list must be alpha-numeric.
- Click Save UDF.
Deleting a UDF
UDFs, once created, can only be deleted and cannot be edited.
- Click the gear icon in the row of the UDF to be deleted.
- Click Delete, and then click OK.
Using UDFs in Rules
Refer to User Defined Fields (UDF) in Rules to learn about the various UDF formats and how to use UDFs in rules.