Kount Command customers can ingest and view Fraud Alerts and their statuses in the Agent Web Console (AWC). This helps to add intelligence towards future fraud signals, allowing you to configure business policies based on previous experiences. You can incorporate Fraud Alerts through automated API calls, or manually within the AWC.
Configure Fraud Alerts
Integrate with Kount's API to update fraud alerts, automatically.
For more information on how to utilize the end point to update Fraud Status data, refer to RESTful Endpoint API Specification and Error Codes.
- Log in to the Kount AWC, click Workflow, and then Suspect Orders.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can search for an order directly from the dashboard to go directly to the Transaction Details page for that order.
- From the list of Suspect Orders, next to the order you want to edit, click Details to open the Transaction Details page.
- On the left column, under Payment, click Add Fraud Status or if a status is already assigned, click Update Fraud Status.
- On the Set Fraud Status prompt, select one of the following options, and then click Save Status:
- TC40 (VISA) – Used for the VISA brand.
- SAFE (MC) – System to Avoid Fraud Effectively (SAFE) is used for the Mastercard brand.
- No File – Sets a blank status.
- Other File – Used for brands other than VISA or Mastercard.
View Fraud Alerts
Fraud alerts are available in multiple locations:
Suspect Orders queue in the Fraud Status column.
Transaction details page for a specific order in the left column, under payment.
They are also visible in Personal Orders, Link Analysis, and are searchable using the Search function in the AWC.
Create rules with Fraud Alerts
- Log in to the Kount AWC, click Fraud Control, and then click Rules.
- On the bottom-right of the page, click Add Rule.
- Under Rule Conditions, expand Negative History, and then expand either Order or Persona, depending on your needs.
- Under Order and Persona, click Merchant - Fraud Status or Network - Fraud Status to implement in your rule creation.