Refund and return fraud can significantly impact business operations, leading to financial losses and eroding customer trust. By sharing fraudulent refund and return data with Kount, the information can be utilized to improve future risk scoring.
Data analysis of refund and return fraud can help identify patterns, ensure rules stay up-to-date, and provide reporting opportunities.
Share Refund and Return Fraud Data
There are three options available to send fraudulent refund and return data to Kount depending on your available resources. You can incorporate data sharing through an automated API call, manually within the Agent Web Console (AWC), or by forwarding a file for Kount to process.
Automatically Update via RESTful API
If you have developer resources available, integrate with Kount's RESTful API to update fraud alerts, automatically. API access allows you to programmatically interact with Kount, bypassing the AWC.
For more information on how to utilize the end point to update Fraud Status data, refer to RESTful Endpoint API Specification and Error Codes.
Update Manually in the Agent Web Console
If you do not have developer resources available but do have agent resources, you can manually update fraud statuses in the AWC.
- Log in to the AWC, click Workflow, and then Suspect Orders.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can search for an order directly from the dashboard to go directly to the Transaction Details page for that order.
- From the list of Suspect Orders, next to the order you want to edit, click Details to open the Transaction Details page.
- On the left column, under Payment, click Add Fraud Status or if a status is already assigned, click Update Fraud Status.
- On the Set Fraud Status prompt, select one of the following options, and then click Save Status:
- TC40 (VISA) – Used for the VISA brand.
- SAFE (MC) – System to Avoid Fraud Effectively (SAFE) is used for the Mastercard brand.
- No File – Sets a blank status.
- Other File – Used for brands other than VISA or Mastercard.
Forward File to Kount for Processing
If you do not have developer or agent resources, send refund and return fraud data Kount containing the Kount Transaction ID or internal order number. Send an XLS or CSV to the support team through email, email@example.com, or submit a ticket.
Please sign in to leave a comment.