Since IP addresses can be bought and sold, you can block orders from a particular device rather than the IP address or create a rule to add IP addresses to a blocklist.
Blocking an Order using the Device ID
- To add the device ID to a blocklist, go to the Transaction Details page.
- In the bottom left corner of the page, click VIP Lists.
- Next to the Device ID, click Decline.
- Click Save.
Creating a Rule to Blocklist Certain IP Addresses
- Under Rule Conditions, click the Order drop-down menu and select the Customer IP Address checkbox.
- In the upper right corner, set the Apply the following decision to the transaction when the conditions are met to Decline.
- Add IP addresses to the Customer IP Address list whenever you have a new IP address to blocklist.
- Use the following steps to configure Rule Actions.
- Under Rule Actions, select the VIP List: Payment, VIP List: Email Address, and VIP List: Device Fingerprint checkboxes.
- Click the VIP List: Payment selection menus. Select Credit Card and then Add to Decline VIP List.
- Click the VIP List: Email Address selection menu and then select Add to Decline VIP List.
- Click the VIP List: Device Fingerprint selection menu and then select Add to Decline VIP List.
- Save the rule and then save the rule set.
NOTE: Activate the rule set each time you add a new IP address or change the rules in any way to ensure future orders to pass through the updated list of IPs.