The manual chargeback reporting UI is designed for customers with the following characteristics:
- They experience chargebacks.
- They have not implemented restful API for chargeback reporting.
- They use the Agent Web Console to search for chargebacks as part of their chargeback process.
Customers can locate a chargeback transaction and assign it a reason code instead of reporting the update via an API. Chargebacks can be flagged and the data used for Kount's analysis of customer transactions. Rules can then be written to flag subsequent orders based on data from previous chargebacks.
Mark a Transaction as a Chargeback
If an approved transaction becomes a chargeback, update the data in Kount accordingly to facilitate reporting and data analysis for continuous improvement to fraud strategy and rules.
From the Transaction Details page, users with the Group Permissions of Admin or Risk Editor can access the Update Chargeback feature in the Payments gadget. The CB Reason represents the default reason for marking the transaction as a chargeback, but this default value can be changed.
- Click the Update Chargeback link to edit the chargeback details.
- Under Set Order Status, select None, Refund, or Chargeback.
- Click on the Chargeback Reason Code drop-down menu, the user can change the reason code for the chargeback to something other than the default reason. Including a specific Chargeback Reason Code can help if you want to do analytics or reporting on your company's chargebacks in the future.
- Click Save Status to save your selections, or click Cancel to return to the Transaction Details page.