Kount receives information about billing and shipping addresses from Melissa Data. Sometimes, Melissa Data will indicate that an address is not deliverable (i.e., the Deliverable field displays "No" when you click on the + more data link located under the billing address on the Transaction Details page). The + more data link displays the details that received by Kount from Melissa Data and will indicate if the address displayed in Kount was automatically corrected by Melissa Data, or if it matches the address submitted by the customer in the checkout form.
Addresses can be deemed undeliverable for a number of reasons:
- The address is an empty lot.
- The address is between two addresses.
- The address is fictitious.
- The customer lives in an apartment complex and did not include the apartment number as part of Address Line 2 when they filled out the checkout form.
- The address is outside of the United States and cannot can’t be verified by the USPS.
With the exception of benign reasons, orders with undeliverable addresses should be approached with caution, as fraudsters will sometimes use fake or inactive addresses, and then call the mail provider with an address change request or have the package delivered to an inactive address for discrete pick up.